Singing songs, searching for the very best seashell on the beach and running in and out of the water. These are the things we do during family sessions. We play, we have fun, we make memories. Or rather - YOU make memories, and I capture them for you to hold on to for years to come.
The Sanderson family was such a joy to document. Each time I work with a family, I learn something new. About how people connect. About how parents care for their children. About what love looks like. It's so much more than pretty pictures.
If you want to see images of yourself and your family loving on each other please reach out, I would love to work with you!
Talk about scrumptious, this sweet girl was as chill and snuggly as can be. I wanted to eat her up! I swear I have the best job in the world. It is an understatement to say how overjoyed I was to be able to document her as a fresh new baby and her family as they grew to five.
- 20 minute session
- Private online viewing gallery available for two weeks
- 5 high-res digital images of client's choice
- Print release for personal use
- Option to purchase additional images after viewing gallery
- Available to families of five or less
- $200 for outdoor sessions
- $100 retainer fee due at time of booking (counts toward the total cost of session)
- For dates, locations, and additional image pricing, see below
- To book, please click "book now" button and follow instructions
Collections for additional images:
Love Them All | $275
- Entire gallery for download
- 1 8x10 heirloom quality print of client's choice
A Few Extra | $150
- 5 additional digital images for download
- 1 8x10 heirloom quality print of client's choice
Additional Images | $35 per image
The following dates are open for booking for Family Mini Sessions:
Saturday, August 25th (Museum Beach - Scituate)
Saturday, September 29th (Cross Street Flower Farm - Norwell)
Saturday, October 13th (Cross Street Flower Farm - Norwell)
Prefer more time to capture your family photos (individual shots, breakdowns with mom or dad, and some candids)? Now is the time to book your full family session with me! I have just a few days left this fall for full sessions until I'm booked for 2018.
Questions? Just contact me! Wondering which type of session would suit your family best? Take a look at my recent blog post about lifestyle sessions vs. mini sessions.
I honestly can't believe this sweet and beautiful girl is already one! I feel like I just did her newborn photos!! She was melting me with her precious smile at our session. We managed to get a Fagan Family session with big sister Charley and pup Talluh in before Cece's 1st birthday beach themed cake smash!
Can we just talk about these children!?! They are so beautiful.
Our goals for this session were to get some great family shots, as well as little Jolie in her baptism dress...How amazing is it that Alexa's wedding dress was turned into a tiny dress, bonnet and booties for Jolie! Could she be any more darling with that happy little face!?!
Danika and Kevin are expecting their first baby this September! Getting to photograph a new mom and dad to be is so special. I love maternity sessions with new parents-to-be. There is something so sweet about how cute they are together and the anticipated excitement they have when you ask them about the pregnancy.
I’m about to embark on a blogging marathon and finally get around to blogging sessions. After returning from a few back to back trips, I came back to kick off family session season in South Shore Massachusetts with The Kenney family. Katie and I went to college together and became besties. It is so awesome to be able to watch my best friends become mama's and watch their kiddos grow! I feel like it was yesterday I was snapping Karlee's newborn photos!!
I've been asked many times, "Why should I do a full session when we could just do a mini session?" Well let me tell you, there are many reasons! I'll just jump right into it!
Who is a good fit for a Mini Session?
- Families who just want a couple of updated family photos for their holiday card. This is the BEST use of mini sessions and why I do them in the fall! If you want a bunch of combinations, kids alone, mom with kids, dad with kids, you're much more likely to be happy with your outcome if we do a full lifestyle session. Sometimes, kids will come ready to go and we can get plenty of options, and other times that 15 minutes was just enough time to get a couple good family shots and that's it!
- Families who have older kids (around four and up) and just want a full family session once every couple of years. Typically, older kids have a little more patience and can work with me better to knock out some family photos and a few other combinations in that fifteen minutes.
- Those of you who want a quick "in and out" session. Again, like above, if you're not wanting a bunch of combinations of photos, a mini session is perfect to get that family shot and be done. If you're wanting to make the most of your time, make a concerted effort to come calm, happy, and flexible with your kids. Kids will be kids, even at photo sessions! It is my job to work with their sillies and make the best photos out of them. So just follow my lead, and we will make the absolute most of your mini session if that's what you choose!
Here are some examples of what to expect from a mini session:
Who is a good fit for a full Lifestyle Session?
- Those of you who want a relaxed session with plenty of time to capture your family naturally. The beauty of a lifestyle session is there is "down time" between the more posed shots to let life happen. Those snuggles you love with your kids, the giggles from the tickle monster, the jumping your little boys like to do or twirling your little girls love, all of those are things I'll be able to capture at a full lifestyle session.
- Families with younger children (specifically three and under). Younger kids just take more time to get comfortable in a new setting. A full session allows for plenty of time to let the kids get used to me and used to the camera. It also allows them to "get their sillies out" and take breaks during the session, which I've found to be so helpful with young children.
- Parents who want more options! If it's been a while since you've had a full family session and you're really looking to get all the combinations (family, kids individually, kids together, mom with kids, and dad with kids) captured; then a full family session allows for plenty of (not rushed) time to capture those things.
- Someone who wants more time customizing your session and discussing the styling for your family. This is an often overlooked aspect of photos. While I will certainly send suggestions for mini sessions and give guidance, I send lifestyle session clients an individual email that is customized to their family. We can go back and forth to find the perfect fit for your family both with location and outfits. It truly makes such a huge difference in the outcome of your photos and I can't stress it enough!
- A family that wants control over their location and date! Sure, with a mini session you will be choosing if you do your mini at one of the offered parks outdoors. However, when we do a lifestyle session we will discuss several locations available to your family... parks, farms, your home, so many options!
Here are examples of what to expect from a lifestyle session:
If you're still unsure which type of session would be right for you, just ask! Send me an email and let's chat. I'm always happy to discuss questions and concerns with clients. And if you want to be the first to know about fall family session dates and mini session dates, be sure to get on my email list.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information:
Kate Murtaugh, Kate Murtaugh Events & Design
Local Floral Designer to Honor South Shore Moms With Mother’s Day Floral Installation
Over 3,000 flowers to be installed to the façade of Scituate’s Lucky Finn Café with proceeds benefiting local non-profit organization, empowerHER
SCITUATE, M.A., May 10, 2018 - Beach Plum Floral + Event Design, an award winning floral design company has teamed up with a group of talented local businesses including Lucky Finn Cafe, Cross Street Flower Farm, Kate Murtaugh Events & Design and empowerHER, a New England-based nonprofit organization that supports young girls who have experienced the early loss of their mothers, to install over 3,000 flowers to the façade of Lucky Finn Cafe in Scituate to honor mothers this Mother’s Day.
Jillian Landry, owner of Beach Plum Floral + Event Design, is celebrating her very first Mother's Day as a new mom and wanted to celebrate in a big way, by doing what she loves most - floral design and giving back to the local community.
“As a local company, we wanted to connect with the community to celebrate all of the amazing moms out there and to also bring attention to the amazing organization, empowerHER,” said Landry. “As a new mom to a baby girl, this felt like the best way to celebrate moms and to help support these courageous and strong girls who have lost their mothers too young. We are so excited at the opportunity to bring the beauty of flowers and community to the South Shore and to honor mothers of all backgrounds.”
Beach Plum will also be onsite selling an array of Mother's Day floral arrangements in front of Lucky Finn Cafe on Saturday, May 12th from 8AM - 3PM as well as Mother's Day morning, Sunday, May 13th from 8AM - 11AM. Arrangements will range in price from $45.00- $65.00 with a percentage of sales being donated to empowerHER.
In addition to the flower installation, the event will include a number of local participating organizations on-site providing the following:
Girls who are a part of the empowerHER organization will be onsite to lend a hand in the creation and design of the floral installation. empowerHER serves 130+ girls throughout Massachusetts and is the only organization in the country specifically working to address the struggles of girls whose mothers have passed away.
Cross Street Flower Farm will be donating locally grown flowers from Norwell, MA, to be used for the installation, and will be selling memberships to the Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers on site during the installation.
Jenni With an Eye Photography will be on site capturing photos of the event and will be offering mini sessions of mothers on-site with their children.
Kate Murtaugh Events & Design will be helping to plan and style mother/children photographs, the event and is serving as the event’s lead planner.
Saturday, April 28th & May 5th @ 5:30 - 7:30pm
Turkey Hill, Hingham MA
The days may feel long, but the years are so short. Capture your bond with your little one this Mother's Day!
Often times, moms are the ones behind the camera trying to document all the special moments, but not a part of them. This is your chance to get in front of the camera because you deserve to see the sweet smiles of your baby when they look and play with you! These sessions are designed to document candid moments of you and your children together, capturing the love and connection that you have. It's the way they kiss you, hug you, and laugh with you, that makes these photos worth everything. Treat yourself to this special opportunity because these moments won't last forever!
YOUR SESSION INCLUDES:
20 minutes of shooting time for one adult and child(ren)
Private online gallery of 15-20 images
5 high-resolution digital images available to download
HOW IT WORKS:
Schedule your session, spend time with your child(ren), snuggling, laughing, and enjoying one another while I capture your relationship and the one-of-a-kind bond you share.
After your session, you will receive an online gallery of 15-20 images within 14 days and your choice of 5 high-resolution digital downloads to keep for life and print and use as you see fit. A la carte prints may be purchased from your private gallery as well as an all-digital download for an additional cost.